Welcome to part two of my 3 Days Of Christmas Cookies! Yesterday, I shared with you my favorite recipe for making peanut butter cookies. For today, I want to share with you my all time favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This is the only recipe you will ever need for making these cookies. They are a crowd favorite, and sure to please every time. I mean, who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies?
Let’s get started!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or a little more if you like extra vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together butter and sugars until well blended.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add in vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, and add into mix, along with salt.
- Stir in flour. (It is easiest to add in the flour 1/4 at a time.)
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes, until edges brown slightly. (If you overcook these cookies they turn crunchy, so be careful not to cook too long. As the saying goes,”practice makes perfect!”)
I have been using this specific recipe for chocolate chip cookies since I can remember. They are perfect for every occasion, and very easy to make. I hope you enjoy them!
As a note, the pictures above use a filter, so the dough and fully cooked cookies are actually much darker. Use the photo to the right for a true color comparison for doneness.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com. All photos are my own, ©thepollyanna.com.