Over the past two days, I have shared with you the best recipes for peanut butter, and chocolate chip cookies. For the last cookie recipe for my 3 Days Of Christmas Cookies, I want to share with you my favorite recipe that I use for sugar cookies. I think these are great, because they turn out chewy, and not too sweet. These are all crazy simple to make as well!
Here we go!
Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Feel free to add more, if you like extra vanilla)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture into wet mix. (1/4 at a time works best)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until sugar cookies flatten and crack, cookies will turn the lightest golden brown. (If you cook these for too long they will be hard when they cool)
- Top with sprinkles once removed from the oven.
Again, as I’ve said before, it is very important that the butter is softened before you use it. This will also make your sugar cookies turn out hard instead of chewy.
Thank you for joining me for my 3 Days of Christmas Cookies. I hope they are enjoyed by your family and friends as much as they are by mine. Tonight, I am gearing up to make roast duck for Christmas Eve dinner, and prime rib roast for dinner on Christmas Day.
As before, the above pictures have added filters. For a true color comparison for doneness, please reference the photo to the right.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com. All photos are my own, ©thepollyanna.com.